Search for content in message boards

Julia White, born 1820 in Canada, wife of John B. Mayhue, VT.

Replies: 3

Julia White, born 1820 in Canada, wife of John B. Mayhue, VT.

Jen Krause (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 2:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Whyte, Mayhue, Mayhew
My gg-grandmother, Julia White, emigrated with her family to the Vergennes Twp, Addison County region of Vermont sometime after her birth (1820) and before her marriage to John B. Mayhue/Mayhew (about 1840). The couple moved to the Erie Co., Pennsylvania area sometime between 1848 and 1851. Julia died there in 1876. John died there in 1883. John was born in Vermont, however, his parents were born in Canada.

According to the 1860 U.S. federal census record for Pennsylvania, Julia was born in "M Canada". I am not sure if that M stands for Manitoba or some other well known Canadian location such as Montreal. I am not familiar enough with Canadian history and settlements to know where an English family may have settled in the early 1800s.

Since White is a common enough English name, it may be almost impossible to find out who Julia's parents and siblings were. The only clues I have at this point are the date range of immigration and the fact that they probably settled in Addison Co., in or near Vergennes once they moved to Vermont.

Any White ancestors out there who have information on the 1820 birth of Julia A. White, please contact me. Thank you. Jen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jen Krause 25 Aug 2003 8:45PM GMT 
stanleymccary 20 Dec 2009 8:25PM GMT 
jkrause67 20 Dec 2009 9:20PM GMT 
jkrause67 20 Dec 2009 9:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions