Search for content in message boards

George Kendel

Replies: 4

Re: George Kendel

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Terry,

I believe I may be related to you. My great-great grandfather was Jacob Kendall. He was born in Austria around 1862. He and his wife immigrated to Canada in 1893 and settled in Morden. Their arrival records at Ellis island have their name spelt Kendel. Are you sure the brothers all came together? They may have met up later. It seems like a strange coincidence that your Kendel/Kendall family was in Morden too unless there was some connection.

There are records of other Kendel's arriving from Landesteu including:
Wilhelm (age 13) and Amalie (20) in 1909,
Karoline(17) in 1911 from same area but not Landestreu,
Friedrich (18) in 1899.

There are probably others. Not all list an origin. My Jacob didn't anyways. There is a Geo. M. Kendel who arrived in 1892 though nothing is mentioned about where he was from. I don't have much information on the Kendel's unfortunately. Have you tried ordering your grandfather's death certificate? Jacob died in 1916 in his fifties and his parents are given as Charles Kendall and Minnie Houser. I have more information on his wife's family. I haven't been able to trace Jacob's beyond this. The LDS church has the church records from Landestreu but I haven't gone through the trouble of ordering it yet. Just so you know, Landestreu was part of Galicia which was part of Austria until WWI when it was ceded to Poland but became part of Ukraine after WWII. The family was ethnically German though. Anyways, not sure you will get this since you posted it in 2005 but hopefully you will. I have a poor photocopy of a picture of Jacob taken around 1912. Maybe we could compare it to any photos of George that you might have,

Tyler
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Terry 26 Aug 2005 7:19PM GMT 
Bette 30 Aug 2005 7:08AM GMT 
Karen 31 Aug 2005 6:31PM GMT 
plokiju 7 Apr 2012 5:18AM GMT 
plokiju 7 Apr 2012 6:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic