Search for content in message boards

Contact sought w/ Mrs. C. NOTT or family, dau of the late Rose ST. GERMAIN d. 1979 Winnipeg

Replies: 5

Contact sought w/ Mrs. C. NOTT or family, dau of the late Rose ST. GERMAIN d. 1979 Winnipeg

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: NOTT, ST. GERMAIN, LARAMÉE, DESROCHERS, POLIQUIN
I've been researching Marie Rose née Laramée.

She was the 16th child born to Herménégilde & Marie Odélie née Desrochers of St-Bonaventure d'Upton, Yamaska Québec who to moved with their family to RM St-François-Xavier, MB somewhere between 1912 - 1914.

M. Rose was the youngest sister to an ancestor of ours named Marie Mérenda Poliquin née Laramée who moved to, married & died in Rhode Island, USA.

M. Rose's birth was supposedly in the US in Jan 1910 (1911 & 1916 Canadian censuses) which happens to coincide with the impending birth Mérenda's 1st child b. 24 Jan 1910/recorded 23 Feb 1910 in RI birth records.

I've speculated that Odélie may have come to RI to support/assist her daughter Mérenda with her first birth and wound-up giving birth herself to M. Rose while being in RI but so far I've not been able to prove this via RI civil birth records.

Next attempt to prove this will be via a baptism record in RI. No record of a baptism was found in the répertoire of St-Bonaventure-d'Upton, Yamaska, Québec where the rest of M. Rose's siblings were baptised.

I've learned that because M. Rose was born to a Canadian mother and returned to Canada with her mother, no formal naturalization was required so, therefore, in that regard there are no naturalization records to check for place of birth/DOB.

M. Rose's obit listed her 5 children by her two husbands. Her first husband was Joseph Conrad Lacroix d. 9 Nov 1940 and her second husband was William Arthur St. Germain d. 29 Oct 1974.

Three of her daughters I believe to be still alive. One, Mrs. C. Nott, lived in Winnipeg in 1979 at the time of M. Rose's death.

I am seeking to make contact with M. Rose's daughter, Mrs. C. Nott or someone in her Nott family, in order to try & learn M. Rose's DOB and place of birth & burial.

Naturally, I'm willing to share what I have on the families of Laramée & Desrochers and Herménégilde & Odélie's specific family group with the Nott family if they wish to have it.

Can someone put us in contact?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mindfoggs2 21 Jul 2012 4:21PM GMT 
sstanger1 24 Jul 2012 5:26AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 Jul 2012 6:34AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 20 Oct 2013 3:17PM GMT 
sstanger1 20 Oct 2013 7:17PM GMT 
mindfoggs2 21 Oct 2013 2:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic