HANSON (HANS) FREDERICK LARSEN b. Denmark 20FEB1854 (ca. 1852-3, FEB1853 in 1911), m. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 29JUL1877 AUGUSTA (ANNE) ROSE JONAH (b. NB 30JAN1862 (ca. 1862, JAN1862 in 1911), d. Bridgedale, Coverdale Parish, Albert Co., NB 1MAR1954 age 92 years, 1 month and 1 day), d/o Henry and Elizabeth (Wilson) Jonah.
In the 1881 census of Hillsborough Paris, Hanson (29) and Augusta (19) JLarsen have children: Alfred (3) and William (1). He is a Dane and she is a 'Sweed' but I believe that may not be correct. Next door were Henry John (59) and his wife, Elizabeth (58) Jonah whom I assume were Augusta's parents. Henry is Swiss and Elizabeth is German and both were b. NB. Augusta, although b. NB, likely was intended to be Swiss as well. On the other hand, In Hillsborough Parish in 1871, Augusta (9) was the daughter of Henry (48) and Elizabeth (47) Jonah, but all were b. NB and German.
Something of the Jonah family is at the New Brunswick Genealogical Society, "First Families", web site at:http://www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies/FAMILY-J-2006.pdf
suggests that Elizabeth may actually have been English and that the Jonah family around for some time, originating in France. Refernce is made to several works including Eleanor Goggin’s, "The Jonah family from Montbeliard to Hillsborough 1752-1775".
In the 1891 census of Hillsborough Parish they are Hans (38) and Augusta (32) Larsen. Considering the 1871 and 1881 censuses, I have to assume that Augusta was closer to 29 years-of-age rather than 32. Children were Roy A. (13), William H. (11), Annie E. (9), Whitney (6) and Frederick H. (4).
Hans F. and Augusta Larsen were in Hillsborough Parish in 1901. birth-dates in 1901 are generally unreliable but that is the source for several such dates here. Hans, for example, judging by the various census returns, including 1911, was most likely born 20FEB1853. Otherwise, the dates in 1901 generally seem close. Roy's matches his birth record for example. Augusta's birth-date in 1901 matches that on her death registration.
One of their daughter married Ronald Smith.
Roy Alfred' death registration states that his father, Hans Larsen, was born in Denmark. This seems probable. It also means that he was Lars' son, or his father was Lars.
1. ROY ALFRED (ALFRED ROY) LARSEN b. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 28FEB1878 (ca. 1878, APR1876 in 1911), d. Hospital, Moncton, Westmorland Co., NB 27AUG1851 age 73 years, 5 months and 21 days, m. Albert Co., NB 24DEC1902 IRENE (JANE) TRENHOLM (b. DEC1877).
2. WILLIAM HANS LARSEN b. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 28NOV1879 (ca. 1880, NOV1879 in 1911), m. Albert Co., NB 6APR1901 EFFIE GEORGIANA PARKER (b. AUG1879).
3. ANNIE ELIZABETH LARSEN b. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 15FEB1882 (ca. 1882), m. Albert Co., NB 15FEB1910 DAVID FRANKLIN ORAM..
4. KARL WHITNEY LARSEN b. 2JUL1884 (ca. 1885).
5. FREDERICK HENRY LARSEN b. ca. 1887.
6. MINNIE LARSEN b. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 23AUG1889, d. Albert Co., NB 1890.
7. MABEL CORA LARSEN b. 28DEC1891 (DEC1892 in 1911).
8. GORDON HORACE LARSEN b. Hillsborough Parish, Albert Co., NB 29NOV1894 (OCT1894 in 1911), m. Andover, Victoria Co., NB 7FEB1917 LULU H. WHITE.
9. ARCHIE LARSEN b. 26APR1896 (APR1897 in 1911).
J. VIOLA LARSEN b. APR1900.
K. ALICE LARSEN b. DEC1902.