Search for content in message boards

lanteigne/McGraw (McGrath)

Replies: 5

lanteigne/McGraw (McGrath)

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 10:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all, just putting out some feelers for info regarding a search I am working on.

I am having some trouble finding info regarding some people in my past and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I am looking for info on my great-great grand parents. The trail is somewhat overgrown.

My great grandfather was Jeremiah Lanteigne. He is recorded with his mother (already widowed) in the 1901 censes for Chatham Northumberland. He was born Dec. 1 1884.

His mother's name was Mary (Marie) Reich (Raiche)/McGraw (McGrath). I have found some records for a Mary Raiche/McGraw who married a Prudent Lanteigne on July 26 1876 in Tracadie. I have found records with Marie entering marriage with James Jaques Raiche in about 1871. James died on June 9th 1874 and is buried in the Cimetiere des Fonadeurs in Tracadie. There are also records for a Sara Lanteigne aged 7 years who is buried in the same cemetery, child of Marie Anne McGraw and Prudent Lanteigne.

I have searched PNBA for records and not found anything of use. Family lore tells me Jeremiah's father was Fidele Lanteigne, not Prudent. In order to be sure I am following the right leads I am looking for information which may show me this Marie Raiche and Prudent Lanteigne are really my great-great grandparents.

Not living on the East Coast myself my research is limited for the time being to online efforts. Does anyone have any tips of where I can look other than PNBA. Also, due to the extreme amount of help provided to me from responses from this message board in other branches of my tree I am aware that many good historical books exist for the New Brunswick area. Does anyone know where and how I might obtain a title list of such books and how I might purchase any useful ones?

Thanks so much for all your help
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
historyhunter... 5 Jan 2007 5:09PM GMT 
jeeceeca 6 Jan 2007 3:32AM GMT 
historyhunter... 6 Jan 2007 4:00AM GMT 
jeeceeca 6 Jan 2007 11:19PM GMT 
historyhunter... 7 Jan 2007 12:07AM GMT 
lincolnkeays 15 Feb 2013 3:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions