Search for content in message boards

John Grant b. 1751 In Dumphries Scotland line

Replies: 1

John Grant b. 1751 In Dumphries Scotland line

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Dec 2012 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Grant
Hello, I am researching this family tree as we believe this may be our grandfather's paternal line. The missing link for us is we cannot locate the birth record for our known grandfather named John D Grant in 1845 Gloucester, NB.I manually paged through the parish birth records and found a gap in the register between 1841 and 1850 which is probably why we are coming up with blanks when we search for him. I have ruled out all other Grants from the index of first families as well as all the sons of this John Grant except "James Grant b 1810", who was also known to go by Jacques/Jean/John. He was married to a woman with a surname not found in the fist families index Delima Deriger or possibly Leriger, they married in 1837.We can locate our John D's marriage records that establish his presence there at the right time to be Jame's son. Looking for any information on James and Delima and their children or anyone who thinks their families are past of Jame's missing link on Ancestry. Thanks!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KiahMagenGran... 21 Dec 2012 8:21PM GMT 
tradll1 26 Dec 2012 3:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions