Search for content in message boards

Eva Madore, parents Ferdinand Madore and Emilie Violette

Replies: 2

Re: Eva Madore, parents Ferdinand Madore and Emilie Violette

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Wow! Thank you so much, thomasmurray1. This is extremely helpful information that I'll be processing this morning.

Eva Madore was maternal grandmother to my ex-husband (with whom I'm still on good terms). We knew that she'd married ? Grondin (thank you for their marriage info). M. Grondin ended up in an insane asylum and while he was there, Eva began a relationship with Louis St Onge with whom she had at least 12 children. Louis had already had 11 children with his first wife Annie Desrosiers (who is also called 'Fortunat' by family). Perhaps you are correct that this is a nick name.

The Violet (aka Violette) family in Canada goes back to Charles Francois Violette who was born in 1716 in France. He settled in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia at an unfortunate time and ended up being deported back to France after the Siege of Louisbourg in 1758 (it is believed that three of his children with his 2nd wife were killed during the battle). Charles' eldest son Francois either left with him & returned to Canada at some point or managed to escape and hide out ... in 1770 he married Marie-Luce Thibodeau in Ecoupag, New Brunswick.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaGeePugh 28 Nov 2012 1:39AM GMT 
thomasamurray... 28 Nov 2012 4:10AM GMT 
DonnaGeePugh 28 Nov 2012 1:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions