Search for content in message boards

Search for g-g-g-g-grandfather

Replies: 15

Re: Search for g-g-g-g-grandfather

Sara (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2006 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Cori Leigh
Well, this is certainly interesting. Queens Marriage A book gives marriage to Joseph Bailey of Watb and SUSAN Corey of Gagetown and her witness was Edward Corey of Gagetown; same date of Feb 9, 1815.

Brings up lots of questions. Why would this marriage be witnessed by a cousin, when she had brothers. Are their two Joseph Bailey's? I have only run into this two other times, when public marriage record does not match church register. Also thought Joseph Bailey's children might name pattern for your Gilbert and Bethenia, as others did. Nothing looked familiar to that Corey line.

I think I'll alert the NB list. Maybe someone else knows more. A will or burial would help. Sara

Hi Sara, The closest Edward to the Sarah Corey who married Joseph Bailey would be her first cousin Edward Smith Corey, he lived in Gagetown at that time. He was the son of Thomas Corey(brother to Sarah's father Gilbert) and was born Oct 1790.

Here is the link showing Joseph's marriage to Sarah- just scroll down to the B's for Bailey. http://www.rootsweb.com/~nbqueens/gageangmarr.htm#B

Hi Sara, Joseph married Sarah Corey daughter of Gilbert and Bethenia(Eagles) Corey on Feb 9 1815. I have no record of Gilbert and Bethenia having a Susan. Sarah would have been named after Gilbert's mother Sarah (Smith) Corey. Cori Leigh

Message Board Post:
My marriage record for Joseph Bailey is to Susan Corey, not Sarah Corey. Edward Corey was Susan's witness; but I have found no trace on Edward Corey. Did Joseph have two wives or are Susan and Sarah the same woman? Sara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DaleHodge40 6 Nov 2006 10:27PM GMT 
Donald 6 Nov 2006 10:46PM GMT 
Peter D MacLean 27 Nov 2006 12:10AM GMT 
Cori Leigh Landry 27 Nov 2006 12:24AM GMT 
Peter D MacLean 27 Nov 2006 9:53AM GMT 
LindaCCain 10 Feb 2013 10:28PM GMT 
Sara 27 Nov 2006 12:01PM GMT 
Sara 27 Nov 2006 8:36PM GMT 
DaleHodge28 28 Nov 2006 3:58AM GMT 
DaleHodge28 14 Apr 2008 1:01AM GMT 
per page