Search for content in message boards

Still Searching

Replies: 1

Re: Still Searching

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Comeau, Stilwell
Hello Yvette (or Yvonne). We met years ago after you were in contact with my late mother (Rose) who died in 1986. I am the only surviving brother of Peggy Comeau. My wife and I live in Guelph ONtario (519-822-5528). I am going on 77, whereas my wife is a young 60.
Unfortunately, I know very little about your father, having met him only once. He was a handsome sailor in the Canadian Navy and met my sister when his ship was in port (Saint John). As I recall, she was about 16 or 17, and madly in love with him. She became pregnant and, I guess, never heard from him again. In the 1940s and '50s, almost all kids born out of wedlock were put up for adoption.
Peggy married at around age 30 to a man, a bit older than she, and I think his name was Lloyd Stilwell. They had one child named Barbara (a girl, not a boy). Sadly, Peggy died of an enlarged heart at age 35. And Lloyd kept his daughter away from the Comeaus, so we never saw Barbara again.
Perhaps my only surviving sister, Tess Sewell, can provide more information, since she has a much better memory than I.
Tess lives at 11 Graham Street in Saint John, and can be reached at (506) 657-4311.
Please let me know if you're successful in your search.

John Como (Comeau)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yallain1 7 Sep 2007 12:35AM GMT 
johnormarilyn 13 Jan 2013 8:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions