Search for content in message boards

Chase, Mead, Palmer Families of New Brunswick

Replies: 0

Chase, Mead, Palmer Families of New Brunswick

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi –
I am trying to track down information on the family of Janett Pannell Chase. She was born 11 May, 1850 in Sunbury County, possibly Marysville or Burton. She married John Palmer between 1871 and 1877. They had at least two children born in New Brunswick – George and Jessie Maud. Somewhere between 1879 and 1881 they emigrated to the United States, eventually settling in Wausau, Marathon County, Wisconsin, where both died. While in Wausau, they had at least two more children, Grace and Jennie. According to the 1900 census records, Janett had 8 children, 5 of whom were still living. I have been able to identify four of those five so far.

Her parents were George Andrew Chase, born about 1797 in New Brunswick and died somewhere between 1871 and 1881 in Burton. His wife was Mary Ann Mead. She was born 5 December, 1817. She died sometime after 1881. She was also born in New Brunswick. Besides Janett, the children in the family were Mary A, born about 1838, James A, born about 1840, Hugh D, born about 1842, George A, born about 1844, Esther M, born about 1846, Oliver, born about 1857, and Henry J, born about 1861. By the gaps in birth years, I would guess there were other children who died young.
The family is listed as Baptist in the census records. I have not been able to find them in any of the on-line cemetery information. All members, including the parents, are listed as being born in New Brunswick. There seem to be a lot of people with the surname of Chase associated with the Burton Colony aka Burton Division or Burton Parrish, so I am unable to take the family any further. I found one notation about a land request from a George Chase associated with James Chase that dates to 1815, but am unable to determine if they are related.

Any informaiton would be greatly appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions