Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on John and Mary Allen of Lincoln Parish

Replies: 2

Looking for information on John and Mary Allen of Lincoln Parish

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2012 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Johnson, Gates, Carr, Parsons
Hello! Hoping to find some assistance with John and Mary Allen. John is my 3x great grandfather and I'm finding records that he may have been married a few times.

Here's what I know and would appreciate any help (and willing to share whatever I have, too):

-- John Allen b. bet 1812-1816, d. bef 1881, both in New Brunswick. Parents unknown but were of Irish descent.
-- John had 3-5 children – Barbara, John A, Evangeline/Angeline, Thomas and Ida/Adah – possibly from two wives.
-- In 1861 Census, John was married to Mary (possibly Mary Jane). There were five children with the family, all presumably from previous marriages by both: Barbara Allen and John Allen, Mary Parsons, Gideon Parsons and Elija Parsons.
-- In 1871 Census, John was living with his second (or third?) wife, Mary Ann Gates who was previously married to John Carr. Five of the Carr children lived with John and Mary – Hamilton, Bedford, Eliza, John and Isareal. Three more Allen children were also listed: Angeline, Thomas and Adah.
-- In 1881 Census, John was no longer living/with the family, but the Carrs and Allens were living together. William Johnson (Angeline's husband-to-be was living with a Blair family, listed immediately before the Allens on the census form) and was a lumberman.

---My 2x great grandmother is Evangeline/Angeline. She married William Johnson in Oct 1881, and am looking for information on his family as well.

Thanks in advance for any information about the Allens and Johnsons from Sunbury County, New Brunswick.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bvanstrom 5 Mar 2012 1:55AM GMT 
thomasamurray... 6 Mar 2012 3:34AM GMT 
bvanstrom 6 Mar 2012 5:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions