Search for content in message boards

Mabel Beatrice MacKenzie

Replies: 2

Mabel Beatrice MacKenzie

Jennifer MacKenzie Quist (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacKenzie, McKenzie, Bruce, McGraw, Seymour, Lyons, Hood, Curtis, Dougherty, Burney
I found a note on my great grandfather William Frederick (Fred) McKenzie's marriage explaining that one of the witnesses at his wedding, Mabel Beatrice MacKenzie, was his cousin. I was surprised since I had never heard of Fred having any cousins or nieces or nephews or anyone but his nine brothers and sisters, seven of whom died as young adults. I don't know where Mabel fits in.

Mabel is the child of John William MacKenzie and Annabelle McKinnon. She was born 4 Dec 1880 in Shediac, Westmoorland, NB. She has at least one sister, Mary Jane. Mabel married Frederick Seymour on Feb 3 1904 in York Co.

Fred did have a much older brother named John who family records say died a young man. If this John MacKenzie is the same as Mabel's brother that would make her Fred's niece, not cousin but they would have been the same age.

Fred's parents were Donald Alexander Seaward McKenzie and Anne Seymour.

Any info on Mabel Beatrice MacKenzie Seymour and her parents or siblings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennifer MacKenzie Quist 29 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
hrmcknz 20 Nov 2012 12:06PM GMT 
Michael Alber... 21 Nov 2012 1:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic