Search for content in message boards

Herritts of Fortune Bay

Replies: 0

Herritts of Fortune Bay

Posted: 23 Jan 2014 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Herritt; Major; Strickland
I am researching my husband's family history. I have discovered that William G. Herritt (1837-1883; born Harbour Breton) married Mary Ann Strickland (1836-1880; born Harbour Breton). The marriage occurred on October 20, 1852. I’m wondering if anyone has any information on who Mary Ann’s parents were as I have been unable to find any information beyond the marriage record.

William G. Herritt’s father was William Herritt. He was apparently also born in Harbour Breton in or about 1790 and died, in Harbour Breton, in or about 1860. He apparently married a woman called Elizabeth. I have no further information on her and would appreciate any information at all in relation to her. William was the son of John Herritt, who was apparently born in England (1765-1840), but died in Harbour Breton. John married a woman (I think) called Sarah Major, also born in England but died very young, at age 21, in Harbour Breton. Looking for any information confirming the foregoing. Also hoping someone might know the father of John. I am presently stuck!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions