Search for content in message boards

Duncan Barnes-Jane Parsons- Pilley's Island, Boot Harbour

Replies: 6

Re: Duncan Barnes-Jane Parsons- Pilley's Island, Boot Harbour

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barnes, Parsons, Simms, Howell, Butt, Penney, Sainsbury
Thank you kindly for all your hard work!! I do have most of that information, I have a similar query on the Grand Banks site as well (a great site!!).

I just can't find any proof of marriage, baptisms of their children, or anything for Duncan Sr. and Jane or even death records. I know my Grandfather said that HIS grandfather always said he was English, but other rumors talk about him dying in Iceland or Norway or something like that (Being a man of the Sea that's possible. No primary OR derivative sources either. I can't seem to find any trace of Duncan & Jane in Newfoundland... guess I may need to look into a trip there or maybe hire someone that can do it for me one day. I've been searching online (Family Search, Grand Banks, Ancestry, Google, Family Trees) since I started this 7 years ago. No such luck!

Thank you for all of that information once again. I will double check that all my files have the same information you supplied.

Lisa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LBT79 3 Jan 2013 3:09PM GMT 
gen_bug 11 Jan 2013 12:13AM GMT 
gen_bug 11 Jan 2013 12:16AM GMT 
gen_bug 11 Jan 2013 12:31AM GMT 
LBT79 11 Jan 2013 1:38AM GMT 
Dmdean94 25 Mar 2013 12:06AM GMT 
LBT79 25 Mar 2013 12:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions