Search for content in message boards

PAULS OF WIGWAM POINT

Replies: 2

PAULS OF WIGWAM POINT

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 9:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Still digging! Found a marriage of Sarah Mary BEATON - Conception Bay - Sept 14, 1832 QUOTE: Thursday Sept 20,1832 - Married on Thursday last, at the Church of St James, Carbonear, by the Rev T Wood - REV. H.J. FITZGERALD, Minister of Bonivista, to MISS SARAH MARY, daughter of JOHN BEATON, Esq., of Burngate, England. The bride was given away by her brother-in-law, the Rev J Burt, our esteemed Rector - Conception Bay Mercury, Sept 14 - END QUOTE

I have seen J BURT in numerous parish records as the one presiding over the various ceremonies.

SARAH MARY BEATON married Rev H.J. FITZGERALD in 1832....because she was given away by her brother-in-law...suggests that her father JOHN BEATON was either dead or in ENGLAND.

SARAH MARY'S age is right to have a sister -MARY BEATON (JAMES GILL)....but I cannot find this JOHN BEATON ANYWHERE....Still looking into this....and #2

I came across this murder trial in St JOHN'S where a sailor threw the MASTER overboard - left him to drown - and the various witnesses are being questioned at the trial on OCTOBER 1, 1771

QUOTE: WILLIAM BEATON of full age of TRINITY, fisherman being sworn in was asked -
Did you ever hear of any bad actions done by the prisoner?
ANSWER: I have heard of his misbehaviours by the people...

That is all he was questioned...so being of full age could be 16, 18 or 20 making him 40 -50 when our MARY BEATON was born? He could have been older or had a son that could possibly be the father of MARY BEATON.

The only WILLIAM BEATON that I have found (not related to my ALFRED BEATON) was a WILLIAM BEATON married to ELLEN KEEFE ...Their son JOHN BEATON was Baptised - converted from ANGLICAN to RC at 23 yrs old in the same church and an entry away of my ALFRED BEATON II & wife MARY PAUL children's BAPTISMALS
This was Jan 15, 1879. Furthermore the 1921 census for HARBOUR GRACE has WILLIAM BEATON (1850) born NORTH SYDNEY, N.S. & wife ELLEN (1842) CARBONEAR. Could be a Grandson of original WILLIAM BEATON of TRINITY. But are there still sons of our original WILLIAM to be found?

Anything that anyone can contribute would be appreciated...still looking guys! And nothing yet for the elusive MARY LENA BEATON....still keep getting a QUAKER from PENNSYLVANNIA 1879
and no one on the sites that have copied this info (myheritage) know anything about her nor where the LENA came from. will keep checking back....MICMAK1

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
micmak1 5 Sep 2013 3:42PM GMT 
ewb1017 8 Sep 2013 12:52AM GMT 
micmak1 9 Sep 2013 3:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions