Hi to all the researchers out there.
Does anyone have the following individuals in their files? I am attempting to determine if the following two generations are one and the same with a branch on my paternal side.
- Edward Byrne, born 1857 or 1861, died May 20th, 1930 at 73 years;
- Edward married Mary Ann Byrne, born 1875, died June 7th, 1951 at 76 years;
- Edward and Mary had daughter Agnes Byrne;
- Agnes was born 1909, died June 29, 1982 at 73 years; she married George O'Reilly, born 1908, died April 25,1970 at 61 years.
- Agnes and George are known to have resided in Jerseyside in 1945. At the time, they had a daughter, Joan. Agnes' mother Mary lived with them, Edward having passed about 15 years prior.
- All four are buried in Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Cemetery in Placentia.
My working theory is that Agnes (Byrne) O'Reilly of Jerseyside/Placentia is the same Agnes Byrne in my family tree, whose parents were also named Edward and Mary A Byrne. The birthdates of the Jerseyside Byrne/O'Reilly family and my Byrne family do match. My Byrne family appears in the 1921 census for La Scie, but then disappear from that area altogether. It's possible Edward, Mary, Agnes and their brother James may have moved from La Scie to Deer Lake after 1921 and lived there until at least 1935, during which time Edward died (James' fate remains unknown). Then sometime between 1935 and 1945, Agnes married and moved to Jerseyside, bringing her mother with her. Yeah, that's my theory. A little convulated, but not impossible.
If this can be proven or disproven by anyone on the list, it would be a great help to hear from you! I know there are a few O'Reilly family of Placentia researchers on the board, so I am hoping one of them might be able to help.
Thanks in advance,