Search for content in message boards

Beck, Stacey of Sound Island

Replies: 1

Re: Beck, Stacey of Sound Island

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Giles, Beck, Bailey, Gilbert
I have these Becks in my family tree. Jesse was born 5 May 1870 on Sound Island, the third of six children of Thomas Beck and Mary Willey Giles. Thomas Beck, b 13 Feb 1845, was the son of Henry Beck and Dinah Gilbert. Mary Giles, born 11 Dec 1844, Sound Island, was the eighth of eleven children of James Giles and Mary Ann Willey. James Giles is thought to have been born about 1797 in either Devonshire or Somersetshire in England. Mary Ann Willey was born in Burin, about 1807.

Jesse Beck and Evangeline Louisa Bailey (b about 1872) were married 24 November 1891 in Sound Island Methodist Church. The minister was W.B. Ambrose, and the witnesses were Wilson Beck and Hannah Maria Gilbert.

If Jesse and Evangeline are your family, then we must be cousins of a sort. How are you connected to them? I have a bit more information about the Becks and the Giles, which I would be happy to share, if you want to contact me directly.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thebecks174 12 Mar 2010 10:37PM GMT 
hebrideanfarm... 17 Nov 2013 8:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions