Search for content in message boards

MURRIN?? from Pouch Cove???, Newfoundland

Replies: 0

MURRIN?? from Pouch Cove???, Newfoundland

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MURRIN/MURREN/MURRAIN...
Hello,

My query is re: MURRIN, Ann(e)...this is the name listed as my GrGrandmother on the m. cert. for her daughter/my grandmother, Helen "Nellie" Fitzgerald m. 1924 in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to my Grandfather, John Whelan of Colliers, NL.

From the info I've been able to obtain, my GrGrandparents - Ann(e) Murrin m. Lawrence Fitzgerald (he was b. abt. 1882 from Small Point/Kingston, Bay de Verde, Newfoundland). GrGrandfather Lawrence had a sister that married a "Shea" from Pouch Cove (or area) and this would be how my GrGrandparents met. Since my Grandmother was born in 1904, I'm thinking that their time of marriage would be abt 1900 - 1904.

I have no other info on my GrGrandmother, Anne(e) MURRIN - perhaps b. abt. 1880; m. abt. 1900 - 1904. Her daughter/my grandmother's m. cert. lists her place of birth as New Aberdeen, Nova Scotia; there's a son, Lawrence, b. 1907 listed on his m. cert. as St. John's, Newfoundland.

If any of my info is possibly familiar or if you could forward info to me, that would be great, I'm truly "stumped" with my GrGrandmother!!

Regards, :)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions