Search for content in message boards

HISCOCK,LANNON,MOORE,BLACKMORE

Replies: 12

Re: blackmore

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 10:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Steven,

I'm sorry I should have introduced myself. I didn't mean to be abrupt. I can only say it was late at night and I was somewhat excited. Please excuse me.

My name is Jerome Blackmore and I am by my reckoning your sixth cousin. My family was originally from Pinchard's Island in Bonavista Bay. Some members of the family moved from Pinchard's Island to Pilley's Island in Notre Dame Bay. Your family line descends from the Blackmores in Pilley's Island. They were fishermen first in Twillingate and then became miners in the Pilley's Island area.

Miners in the Pilley's Island area moved to Bell island to work in the iron mine there when the mining was no longer viable in the Pilley's Island area. This is how the Blackmores moved to Bell Island. They were there for several generations until that mine too became no longer profitable in the 1960s and they moved elsewhere. Some moved on earlier than that to New England as part of an ongoing movement of a large number of Newfoundlanders to the USA, particularly Massachusetts, or the "Boston States" as it was termed.
Forgive me if you are already aware of all this.

I have the particulars of my version of the Blackmore line from your dad back seven generations to Pinchard's Island if you haven't already got it.

If you want this information send me your e-mail address and I will give it to you.

Thank you,

Jerry Blackmore
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmstg 12 Jan 2013 11:59PM GMT 
jerome454 13 Jan 2013 5:14PM GMT 
lblandford125 29 May 2013 1:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions