Search for content in message boards

MORAN//MURRIN/MURRANT & FITZGERALD Family Research - Newfoundland & Nova Scotia connections???

Replies: 0

MORAN//MURRIN/MURRANT & FITZGERALD Family Research - Newfoundland & Nova Scotia connections???

Posted: 8 May 2013 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MORAN/MURRANT/MURRIN & FITZGERALD, SHEA

My query is regarding my GrGrandmother, Ann - her surname is spelled as MORAN on her daughter's bapt. cert. & then spelled as MURRIN on her daughter's marr. cert. Her daughter/my GrGrandmother Helen "Nellie" Fitzgerald m. 1924 in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to my Grandfather, John Whelan of Colliers, NL.

From the info I've been able to obtain, my GrGrandparents - Ann m. Lawrence Fitzgerald (he was b. abt. 1882 from Small Point/Kingston, Bay de Verde, Newfoundland). GrGrandfather Lawrence had a sister that married a "Shea" from Pouch Cove (or area) and this would be how my GrGrandparents met. Since my Grandmother was born in 1904, I'm thinking that their time of marriage would be abt 1900 - 1904.

I have no other info on my GrGrandmother, Ann - perhaps b. abt. 1880; m. abt. 1900 - 1904. Her daughter/my Grandmother's m. cert. lists her place of birth as New Aberdeen, Nova Scotia and there's a son/my GrUncle Lawrence, b. 1907 St. John's, Nfld as listed on his m. cert. 1931.......................I recently was contacted with new info. regarding my GrGrandparents, Lawrence FITZGERALD & Ann (*MORAN/MURRIN) - *these are the spellings as recorded on their daughter/my Grandmother's bapt. record (MORAN) & marr. cert. (MURRIN)....the new details I was sent is as follows: Saint John's Marriages>>Date: August 9,1903>>Place: Pouch Cove, Nfld.>>Name and surname: Lawrence FITZGERALD>>Age: 25>>Condition: Bachelor>>Occupation: Laborer>>Religion: Roman Catholic>>Residence: Northern Bay>>>>>>Name and surname: Ann MURRANT>>Age: 24>>Condition: Spinster>>Religion: Roman Catholic>>Residence: Pouch Cove, Nfld.>>Witnesses: John SHEA and Catherine MURRANT.

This is the first bit of info regarding my GrGrandparents marriage & another spelling of my GrGrandmother's last name, although I'm still not sure if this is them. My GrGrandfather Lawrence was b. 1882, the age listed here is 25 which would be b. yr. as 1878??

I'm hoping to have contact with other member(s) who may be related or have information pertaining to these individuals.

Regards, :)

Find a board about a specific topic