Search for content in message boards

George Mansfield

Replies: 3

George Mansfield

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Dec 2013 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Mansfield, Warfield
Seeking information on the wife of George Mansfield. He died in Russel's Cove or maybe Indian Point in about 1879. I have that he had at least a couple of sons, Peter and Robert, and a daughter Susannah, or perhaps Hannah. I think his wife was named Mary, but don't know her maiden name, and I haven't found a record in the Vital Stats of the marriage, as I think they were married in the early 1820's. Some have listed this Mary as Mary Belbin, and I am just trying to verify or see perhaps if he was married more than once.

A transcription of his will mentions his grandson William Newman Mansfield and great grandson George Mansfield. It also mentions someone I am searching Charles Warfield, as his beloved nephew. I am trying to see if the maiden name of George's wife, Mary, might somehow connect to the Warfield, if the nephew description was one of actual familial relation rather than just a term of endearment.

The will is at
http://ngb.chebucto.org/Wills/mansfield-george-4-41.shtml
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SteveKearley6... 2 Feb 2013 4:18AM GMT 
ppike69 24 Feb 2013 3:43AM GMT 
SteveKearley6... 24 Feb 2013 4:17AM GMT 
ppike69 24 Feb 2013 5:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions