Search for content in message boards

Advice on finding Records

Replies: 0

Advice on finding Records

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 2:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Button
Would anybody have any suggestions or recommendations on how/where to locate records (parish, vital, etc) for Old Perlican, Trinity Bay, NL between 1700 and 1820. I have searched many sites and have located some Old Perlican pre-1800 Methodist baptism and some Trinity, St. Paul’s Anglican records referencing Old Perlican people.
I have traced my gg gfather to Henry (1806-1883). Based on timeline and traditional family naming convention I believe his grandparents to be Henry(?) and Mary(1737-1832). I can find records (Old Perlican and Trinity) which shows they had 3 sons, Henry(1768-1843), John(1770- ), William(1775-1855) but I can find nothing else on them (i.e. marriage, children, etc) that would link them to my gg gfather or anyone else for that matter. I would imagine the Methodist revival of 1778-1779 in Old Perlican would account for some earlier records being found in the Trinity Anglican parish. I would also suspect that some Old Perlican parish records would have been loss to the French/English war of that time. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
John Button

Find a board about a specific topic