Search for content in message boards

Joseph Bernard

Replies: 4

Re: Joseph Bernard

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is the record I have, from Vital Statistics in Newfoundland, regarding Modeste (Bernard) Halbot:

May 2 1906, in St. George's of Old Age, Modeste Halbot, female, age 73, Roman Catholid, born in Cape Breton, and buried in Sandy Point.

In your search, please note the death record of Appoline Bernard I mentioned as "Appoline" is equal to "Pauline" in many records, similar to "Marie/Mary, Jean/John". That record may be the death record of Modeste's mother, Pauline Bernard.

Proof is always best as MyHeritage has several if not thousands of errors: my personal experience had my great-grandfather with three wives, and while one was his wife, the other were news to us because two of them apparently married him at the same time as his wife was living and having children with him! In fact, he had only one wife and one of the other listed was married to his brother, and the third died 10 years before their apparent marriage date.

Best of luck in your search. There are Acadian families named Bernard as well as some First Nations families.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ehalbot13 21 Apr 2012 7:48PM GMT 
chalbot92 25 Oct 2012 12:57AM GMT 
besawcraig 9 Nov 2012 10:55PM GMT 
ehalbot13 12 Nov 2012 1:29AM GMT 
bescr 12 Nov 2012 2:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions