Search for content in message boards

Brick wall on Joseph JESTINGS-need his English origin

Replies: 0

Brick wall on Joseph JESTINGS-need his English origin

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Still working on the brick wall I mentioned in 2001 (wow). Joseph Jestings married Anne Phinney in Cornwallis, Kings County, NS in 1806. I visited the church in 2008 but did not see any markers in the cemetery except the family of one of his nephew's. I can't find their names in any cemeteries in Nova Scotia. Will search Maine more extensively, which is where his eldest son and family are found in the census records in the 1800s. I do know that he was listed under Joseph "Justings" in the royal militia list of disbanded soldiers in Annapolis and given a land grant in 1821 (Dalhousie land grant)but the land he got wasn't fit for harvesting so he moved. Please contact me at either of these newer email addresses:

apriljb@bellsouth.net
wallace.abc3@yahoo.com

I appreciate any help you could offer in my quest to find Joseph's English origin.

I have found only a handful of Jestings before 1800, all in southern England (Dorset County, Portsea Island/now Portsmouth and Glamorganshire, Wales especially) but no connections thus far.

April (Jestings) Wallace

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions