Search for content in message boards

Kane, Bennett, Butler, Buckley, McDonald, Martell

Replies: 6

Kane, Bennett, Butler, Buckley, McDonald, Martell

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 8:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I Began this search, to find some document to prove the Marriage of Paul Buckley to Elizabeth Martell. I am a Boone descendant, said to be related, by way of Mary Buckley to Andrew Haley. Found records that reference Paul and Elizabeth Buckley as parents, but no Maiden names provided. I found a site with a statement from a John Buckley that " Peter Buckley, son of Patrick Buckley and Mary Kane is related ". I was able to locate a Death record for a Peter William Buckley, age 91 yrs. 3 Mo. 22 Days. Born Oct. 15, 1855, Nova Scotia. Parents are wrote as Patrick Buckley and Mary Kane Martell. Informant: Margaret Buckley (Wife). It is my belief, that the informant made a mistake, that seems to be common in family history. She crossed up to last name for female members of her husbands family. I began to search this lines history and have provided more below.

Timothy Kane's family is found next door to Patrick Buckley's family in the 1871 census.
Timothy Kane 40 Patrick Buckley 60
Michael " 20 Mary (Kane) 50
Ann " 18 Dennis Buckley 23
Ellen " 15 Elizabeth " 20
Catherine" 12 Passes May 10, 1874 Peter " 12
Sarah " 9

The 1881 Census finds Timothy Kane with a wife named Mary and a new son Dennis. This is a 2nd wife the 1st being named Elizabeth, as shown in Marriage and Death Recocds.

Michael Kane Marries Angeline Robertson July 1st 1884.
Parents: Timithy and Elizabeth Kane and Peter and Rebecca Robertson. Witness: Ellen Kane and RW Campbell.

John McDonald Marries Sarah KaneNov. 22, 1888.
Parents: Mich'L and Ellen McDonald and Timothy and Elizabeth Kane. Witness: Benj. Briand and Alma Kane.

James Campbell Marries Jane Butler Feb. 6, 1872.
Parents: Robert Campell and Cath. Kelly and J. Butler and Sarah Buckley.

Sarah Butler " Buckley " Passes at age 71 in 1874.
Parents: Paul and Jane Buck or Burk.

Dennis Buckley moves with his Wife, Mother and Siblings to Halifax and can be found in th 1891 census.

Dennis Buckley passes at age 75 yrs. 5 Mo. on Oct. 7, 1919. Parents: Patrick Buckley and Mary Kane.

John Patrick Kane parents are stated as Timothy Kane an Mary Jane Bennett.

Dennis Kane marries Ann Morley on Feb. 11, 1907.
Parents: Timothy and Mary and Florence and Lucy.

Mary J. Kane passes at 84 yrs. 9 Mo. 21 Days.
Born April 22, 1849. Parents John Bennett and Mary Leahy.

Thomas Buckley Marries Mary Jane Balden on Nov. 28, 1866.
I believe the spelling should be Baldwin. Parents: Pierce Buckley an Ann O'Niel and J. Balden and Eliza. Lawson. Peter is a form of Peter it seems.

Paul Buckley passes at age 83 yrs. Parent: Piece Buckley and Elizabeth O'Neill.

Hope this helps some people, I plan to search a couple more clues and post them, if anything new is found.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nc4519 30 Nov 2009 3:01AM GMT 
doinitrite200... 12 Aug 2013 3:05PM GMT 
colindwaye 13 Aug 2013 5:02PM GMT 
jmcgillivray1... 18 Aug 2013 2:21PM GMT 
frederick_gro... 24 Aug 2013 5:41PM GMT 
frederick_gro... 24 Aug 2013 5:38PM GMT 
nc4519 24 Aug 2013 8:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions