Search for content in message boards

Vincent Mystery

Replies: 3

Vincent Mystery

Posted: 9 Jul 2011 11:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2011 11:10AM GMT
Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can help linking my family. I have looked at the Vincent Family Book and according to it, we would be linked to Joshua, George, then Charles of Fishkill. The problem is that I don't have any source information.

My tree is public and I have linked my family to Joshua but as I said, I can't prove this is correct.

The parties are John W Vincent abt 1835 and Mary Ann Rogers abt 1834 - thanks to some help from others, I rec'd information that their marriage was listed in the Presby News (1855) but no parents were mentioned.

Another problem is that in 1900 in Boston, Mary Ann is listed as being widowed and married for 44 years - which would give a yod of about 1899 however, we have a family letter dated 1903 from JW in New York. This could have been a mistake by the census taker - either way, they are not together after the 1881 NS census.

We can't figure out why they separated or what he was doing in NY and that's a mystery we are still working on. Family legend is that JW fled Ireland on the wrong side of the law (which would debunk the Fishkill connection)- however, what we have seen is that most of his family goes to Boston - again, we can't find a link to other family members there either so why Boston?

right now, I am looking to confirm whether or not Joshua Vincent abt 1802 is indeed JW's father.

To complicate matters,Josh's brother Rueben had a son John K abt 1833 who also disappears - but then I discovered a 1911 MB census with John K on it, 2 doors down from Robert David (JW's son) - so are these 2 one in the same? Did Joshua even have a son named John? If one in the same, what did John K do that he was hiding his identity?

It has been maddening trying to find any records and we have no family alive to make inquires; and I live on the west coast - blek!

Hope this hasn't been too much or too confusing - as I mentioned, my tree is public and the problem is whether or not JW is in fact a descendant of the Charles of Fishkill or do we belong somewhere else all together (which means I have to delete what I have included - I put it in hoping to find records with members together but no luck)

thank you in advance for anything anyone can offer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chvvictoria 9 Jul 2011 5:04PM GMT 
tambbett 9 Jul 2011 10:20PM GMT 
chvvictoria 10 Jul 2011 2:18AM GMT 
Jane_Wile 12 Dec 2012 5:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions