Search for content in message boards

Hon. Senator John MacDonald

Replies: 1

Re: Hon. Senator John MacDonald

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 3:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacDonald
Hello Dawneen.
You have spoken to my dad, here in Inverness, some time ago, George William and I was doing some more snooping on the South LochNess website. I notice there is another branch in Australia that are also looking for information on the branch starting with their direct ancestor, Janet. She married into the Frasers (Lovat) who were the big landowners, after the "45" but after the death and sale of the Lovat lands, they emmigrated to Austrailia. Anyway, your GGG'father Senator John is in the tree I have here and will attach for you. Would you like to add on your branch on the file and send back to me?
(UNFORTUNATELY, THIS SITE WILL NOT ACCEPT A PUBLISHER FILE!) IF YOU WANT TO SWAP EMAILS THEN MINE IS

duncan(at)shinty.freeserve.co.uk

AND I CAN SEND YOU THE PUBLISHER FILE TO AMEND.

Here is the transcript from our Austrailian cousin:

KNOCKMITE

Hello
I have an ancestor Hugh Francis Fraser born 2 October 1846. The family Bible says he was born in Knockmite but the IGI records show Dores. I can't find any reference to Knockmite on the Internet. Could it be a small village that has vanished? Hugh's parents were Alexander Fraser and Janet McDonald. The family emigrated to Australia as assisted migrants in 1855 on a ship called the Covenanter.

I find tracing the Frasers very difficult because they had such a small number of Christian names. Any information you have would be very welcome.
Regards from Sandra Torpey

I look forward to hearing from you and all the best,
Duncan.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dawneen_McKil... 24 May 2005 8:35PM GMT 
du694 29 Jan 2013 10:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions