Search for content in message boards

Johnson Johnston family

Replies: 5

Re: Johnson Johnston family

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 6:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Johnston
The Charles and Carrie Johnson marriage is correct for my family. I don't know about Mary except if he had been married before and either she died or divorced him. Carrie ended up divorcing him later when the kids convinced her not to take it anymore. But like I mentioned before, when Carrie used the name Gorgensen, she was using the last name of her grandfather who raised her. Unless she is using some relation name Mary or Charles was married to a Mary before Carrie? They had 5 living kids I think it said once, but 6 more were born don't know when they died, birth or later in life? All I know is I have someone helping me with his line, but I want to be sure I get the right one. Is there something I could look for in his hometown in MI that might have been filled out with his Swedish origin? I have his land plot. He is listed on there as only CC Johnson. I wish I had gotten into this when my grandmother was alive she would have known all of this being married to his son. I tried social security and found out that they don't keep the records of dead people back in the 1940's and they reissue the social security numbers to other people wanting or needing one. I didn't know that fact. If I knew for sure his date of birth was correct, that would be good, because on the 1930 census it shows his imm date was 1869, other records before showed 1873, and my mother when alive said he was 18 when he came here and came by himself?? So I don't know what facts I have are correct and maybe that is why I can't get very far on him. If he owned a business, which he owned a sawmill, would there have been forms or loan papers that initially had to be made out? What about the property that he had owned??
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Virginiars123 26 Apr 2010 12:05AM GMT 
lund0529 9 Nov 2012 5:11PM GMT 
lund0529 9 Nov 2012 5:30PM GMT 
Virginiars123 10 Nov 2012 1:39AM GMT 
lund0529 10 Nov 2012 9:08PM GMT 
Virginiars123 10 Nov 2012 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions