Search for content in message boards

Edmund & Julia Munro

Replies: 6

Edmund & Julia Munro

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Munro
My grandmother was Alecta Pearl Munroe, born in 1897 in Nova Scotia. My understanding was that she was orphaned at a young age and that she was taken in by another family. She went to nursing school in Massachusetts and eventually met and married my grandfather, ending up in Albany, NY.

I know very very little about her family, but on her marriage and death records, her parents are listed as Edward H and Julia V Munroe. I found some info on Ancestry.com for Edmund (parents David/Belina) and Julia (parents Thomas/Mary Ann) of Guysborough and a lot of the information seems to fit fairly well.

The 1901 census shows Edmond and Julia with a daughter named Leslie, but the page is hard to read due to a crease in the paper and I'm wondering if it's saying Lettie instead.

The family seems to disappear from the census after that and I haven't been able to find any more on the Nova Scotia site either.

Does anyone have information on the family, and what might have been the circumstances of my great grandparents' death? In our family, I've been told that they died in a hotel fire and that they were somehow involved with the Congregationalist Church (or maybe that someone in that church adopted my grandmother).

I appreciate any information that anyone might have.
Susan

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aveleine 19 Nov 2012 6:21AM GMT 
wmck2 8 Jan 2013 11:45PM GMT 
aveleine 10 Jan 2013 4:13PM GMT 
melodymgeddes 31 Jan 2013 3:32PM GMT 
aveleine 8 Feb 2013 6:33PM GMT 
tristalli54 31 Jan 2013 8:24PM GMT 
aveleine 8 Feb 2013 6:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions