Search for content in message boards

John Daniel Williams, Guysborough, Nova Scotia

Replies: 0

John Daniel Williams, Guysborough, Nova Scotia

Posted: 9 Jun 2014 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Sartoius, Greencorn, Dort
I am searching for information about John Daniel Willams, born abt 1780 in Wales(?) and died January 2, 1869, Half Way Cove, Guysborough County, Nova Scotia. He was married first to Margaret Sartorius, born abt 1783 in Halifax and died abt 1817 in Guysborough. Her parents were Valentine Sartorius and Elizabeth Brusch. His second wife was Martha Greencorn, born abt 1800 and died bef 1869.

John Daniel and Margaret's children were Elizabeth (married Michael Murphy), Abigail (married John Charles George), Valentine (married Elizabeth Dort), Donald Daniel (married Sophia Grant). Jacob, William "Henry" (married Ann "Dorothy" George) and Margaret Ann (married Henry George),

John Daniel and Martha's children were Peter (married Eliza Dort) and Mary Anne Eliza (married Frederick Harrigan).

My great great grandfather was Valentine Williams.

There is speculation that John Daniel was from the United States but there is no documentation to prove this. My Father always said he was of Welsh descent and that he remembered stories of brothers that came from Wales and that John Daniel was the only one to remain in Nova Scotia.

John Daniel was granted land in Guysborough in 1784 as he was a member of The Duke of Cumberland Regiment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Donna

Find a board about a specific topic