Search for content in message boards

Dalrymple's of Nova Scotia

Replies: 4

Re: Dalrymple's of Nova Scotia

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clarke, Rawdon/Douglas Loyalists?
Hello,
This is more a question pertaining to the Loyalist Townships portion of this thread rather than the Dalrymple aspect. I have tried posting on the other Hants/Guysborough threads to no avail.
I am looking for information regarding my Gr-Gr-Great Grandmother Hannah Clarke who married John Angus Mc Donald . Their tombstone is in the Sherebrooke cemetery. it reads .."John Angus Mc Donald born June 20 1822, Died Nov 8 1897 and his wife Hannah Clarke died Aug 22 1900 aged 76 years"
Other than the tombstone and the Sherebrooke 1870 census,(Which states that Hannah was born in Nova Scotia), I can find no other mention of Hannah Clarke. She seems to have been born out of thin air. I have heard from other posts that the Clarke's may have been loyalists.(If so, they would have to have come up to Nova Scotia well before Hannah's birth. (In about 1824).
Does anyone have any info regarding the Clarke family of Nova Scotia as being a loyalist family? (With a daughter named Hannah?)
Thank you. Jocelyn
I would be happy to post this on a more appropriate board, but Ancestry.com rejected my new thread as this one already exists.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
morrie195 20 Nov 2012 5:16PM GMT 
emregister 20 Nov 2012 6:09PM GMT 
ednabm 20 Nov 2012 11:55PM GMT 
ednabm 21 Nov 2012 1:51PM GMT 
paulsonpack 25 Nov 2012 7:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions