Search for content in message boards

MacInnis/McInnis

Replies: 4

MacInnis/McInnis

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 8:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacInnis, McInnis of Inverness or Mabou.
I am researching my paternal grandfather's lineage.This is what I know.
Two brother's came from Scotland, names: John MacInnis and Archie MacInnis.

John MacInnis was married to Annie MacIntyre of PEI. They lived in Kenloch, Inverness County, NS. They had 5 children who lived. John born 1876, Archie born 1878, Sarah Catherine born 1882, John James (my grandfather) born 1885, Mary Ann born 1888. The mother was blinded chasing the cows home when the children were young. Mary Ann was scalded accidently when mom was carrying water from the stove to a tub, as she was sitting on the floor as a baby. The mother died when Mary Ann was about 5 years old. Father John remarried, to who?????. My grandfather left home after the marriage at age 13 to work in Inverness mines. His eldest brother left home at 17 or 18????, went to the States and was never heard from again. Archie left home to work in Inverness Mines. Sarah Catherine and Mary Ann were brought up by some relatives. The new wife was horrible and didn't want the kids and that is why the boys all left. I have found a census from 1891, where they are all still a family with mom still alive. My grandfather was 6 that year. The place of residence was listed as Strathlorne on the census. My father has told me that their home was on Mountain Road in Kenloch. Archie married and had several children. Some of the names are Annie Bell, Josephine, Margaret, John Neilly, Frank and Dan Lochie who married Helen. Sarah Catherine, (Aunt Ceduk????gaelic for Catherine) married Hugh MacEachern of Mabou and had 3 boys. John Ral??, John Dougald, Alex Jim. John James my grandfather married Margaret Gillis and had 8 children and lived in the home of Dan MacEachern (Hugh's brother) in Mabou. My grandmother was brought up in that home by Dan's mother, Jane. The children: Annie Jane (Beaton) Mary Ann (Marie Holden) my father, John Donald, James Kerr, Alexander Archilbald, Donald Blaise, Angus Richard, Catherine. Grandson Dougald Carmel was also brought up by my grandfather and grandmother. Mary Anne married Angus MacIsaac of either Judique or Troy. Mary Ann had a child before their marriage, Annie May. They had John, Archie, Mary Lizzie, twins: Annie Margaret and Katy Margaret and Jim (Brant, Brent??? his nick name) They lived in Inverness.

Any information about the MacInnis's or McInnis's will be greatly appreciated. We spell our surname MacInnis, however the census of 1891 spell's my great grandfather's name as McInnis.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katmac54 11 Aug 2012 2:08PM GMT 
tristalli54 11 Aug 2012 9:11PM GMT 
katmac54 13 Aug 2012 2:57PM GMT 
tristalli54 13 Aug 2012 7:13PM GMT 
Gilleasbuig 19 Aug 2012 5:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic