Search for content in message boards

Hannah Winslow - who are you?

Replies: 4

Hannah Winslow - who are you?

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 8:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi folks:

I am again on the track for a Hannah Winslow.

1) Hannah Winslow (dau of John Howard Winslow - lineage to the Pilgrim Winslow) married Josiah Winchester and had many children in Annapolis, Nova Scotia. This is substantiated by the History of the County of Annapolis - Family sketches and further confirmed by Jo Hunt in a previous post. Thanks Jo.

2) Hannah Winslow (Dau of unknown) married George Bennett 25 dec 1783 at St. John's Anglican Church, Cornwallis. Eric Little in a previous post provided me with additional data on their children - Thanks Eric.

I have noticed that on Ancestry.com (known for its facts and fiction - you sort it out data) has many people divided over the two Hannah's. Many agree with number one and many have taken the lineage of number one and assigned it to number 2 - I to made this mistake. I would like to prove who the number 2 Hannah Winslow belongs to. Who were her parents and where did she come from?
It seems that all of the Winslow families that I have seen are inter-related, so would it be a stretch to say that my Hannah is probably related to the rest of the Winslow families?
I have found a Nathaniel and Elisha Winslow in Horton on the 1791 census (children of Seth Winslow and Phebe Morton) Could Hannah belong here or did she come from the Winslows in Annapolis or even New Brunswick?

Your comments as always are encouraged. Thanks again, Gary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
b1sdxv57 3 Aug 2012 2:43PM GMT 
thom3of5 5 Mar 2013 6:08PM GMT 
b1sdxv57 18 Mar 2013 3:24PM GMT 
jdavis50169 9 May 2013 10:24PM GMT 
b1sdxv57 10 May 2013 2:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions