Search for content in message boards

James Ells

Replies: 0
Posted: 26 May 2013 4:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ells
Hi folks I'm stuck on a James Ells. He was born abt. 1802 in Cornwallis Township and died Jan 11, 1861. His death notice only states that he was a long time member of the Baptist Church in Billtown. However, I believe he lived in Halls Harbour at one time. Eunice A Ells(circa 1830), whom I believe was his daughter, was married first to John Harrington(m.1848) in St. John, New Brunswick then to Daniel O'Leary(m.1864) in Lakeville, Kings County. Eunice's father is listed as James Ells on her marriage records. On Eunice's daughter's birth certificate it states that her mother was born in Hall's Harbour. I also have an Edward Ells b. 1842 d. 1864 listed as a son of James Ells, deceased at the time of his death. Edward married Sarah Kenny Nov,14,1863 by bond in Cornwallis Township. I think that James Ells is the son of Daniel Ells and Elizabeth Bennett. James Ells would be a sister to Olivia Ells who married Abner Schofield. Charlotte Schofield was a daughter of Abner Schofield and Olivia Ells. Thus Eunice and Charlotte would be first cousins. Charlotte married Daniel O'Leary in 1844. Charlotte died before 1864. Eunice then married Daniel O'Leary after her husband John Harrington dies. Can anyone confirm that James is the son of Daniel Ells and Elizabeth Bennett? Thank you. I hope this wasn't too confusing:)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions