Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on Sarah F Bent, b 22 Oct 1824, NS, Canada

Replies: 0

Looking for info on Sarah F Bent, b 22 Oct 1824, NS, Canada

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 6:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bent, McLellan/MacLellan/McClellan/MacLellan
I am looking for information on my G-g grandmother, Sarah F Bent (b. 22 Oct 1824, Nova Scotia, Canada; d. 25 Nov 1907, Los Angeles, CA, USA; am guessing her middle name might be Frances); the names and birth-marriage-death dates of any siblings Sarah may have had; her parents' names and birth-marriage-deaths dates (both were born in Nova Scotia), and the names and birth-marriage-death dates of any siblings they may have had; and the same for Sarah's grandparents.

Sarah married Silas / Elias F. McLellan, marriage date unknown (best guesstimate, between Jan 1852 to Jan 1854),location unknown, possibly in Amherst, Nova Scotia. They had 4 children, all supposedly born in Amherst, Nova Scotia: Ezra Wiggins McLellan (b. 29 Aug 1854; d. 28 Apr 1925; m. Lizzie Augusta Read, 12 Mar 1879, San Jose, CA, USA ); Fred Robert McLellan (b. Apr 1856; d. ?, San Bernardino County, CA, USA; m. Clara Haskell, 1878, San Jose, CA); Bessie L. McLellan (b. 21 Aug 1858; d. 9 Apr 1937, Salinas, CA, USA; m. Frank Morris abt 1891), and Hedley Shafter McLellan (b. 2 Jan 1861; d. 29 Jan 1929, either in Los Angeles, CA, USA or Ottawa, Canada). Between 1864 and 1867, the entire McLellan family moved from Nova Scotia to San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA, USA. In the 1870 US Fed Census, Sarah states her parents were born in Nova Scotia.

What little information I have, I've put together from sketchy notes I found, written years ago by my grandmother. Most of that information is confirmed on Ancestry.com. No matter which genealogy website I've gone to to try to learn more, I've thus far been unable to get beyond the information stated above. Thanks in advance for any additional information you might be able to provide.

Carol Withers
carol.withers@comcast.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions