Search for content in message boards

Cemetery lookup

Replies: 1

Cemetery lookup

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 7:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dawe, Warford, Knight
Hello:

If I could find the death record of my Solomon Daw(e) in Neils Harbour NS, I hope to find his parents listed. He died between 1901 (after census was taken) and 1911 (before next census was taken).

His wife moved to Glace Bay and is recorded as Sarah Dawe living with son Reuben Warford (son from first marriage). Her death record 1925 on NS Genweb says she is interred in what appears to reads St Marys or Marks...but that could be Glace Bay vs Neil's Harbour? It might provide a clue and perhaps they are buried together?

Solomon is recorded as born in Sept 1845 apparently NFLD but the records are not online for Port de Grave births that year nor can I find a record of marriage to his first wife, Elizabeth thought to be Morgan in NFLD, though I find my Gr-Grandmother and siblings bapt in Hopewell.

Oddly enough this Sarah was born a Daw as well to a John Dawe and Jane Morgan in NFLD. I presume they are not brother and sister helping each other out with kids since spouses die, but are in fact married, though have not found proof other than census refers to Sarah as wife, I believe, and I also think they had one child together named Sarah Dawe married a Mr Knight - possibly named Reuben?

Can anyone find death/burial of Solomon in Nova Scotia's Victoria County? It is suggeted he came to NS after 1890 -

Anyone with any direction? I am totally lost without finding records online.

I think his parents could be Isaac Daw married Patience Lear or Jacob Daw m Amy Barletts son Solomon b. 1823's son -

All I have is from birth records NFLD of daughter 1876 born Ann Patience Daw in Giles NFLD my gr grandmother being born next Susan Margaret Daw bapt Hopewell followed by the others bapt Hopewell, a Loyal Dawe, then by Francis Grace and Cyril Malcolm.

I hope I have given enough info that someone might be able to help find Solomon.

Thank you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bookmiser 31 Mar 2010 1:59PM GMT 
ikethearmyguy 2 May 2010 5:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic