Search for content in message boards

Margaret MacNeil of Iona, wife of Harry B. Bagnell

Replies: 3

Margaret MacNeil of Iona, wife of Harry B. Bagnell

Posted: 3 May 2012 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on Margaret MacNeil of Iona. She was married to my grandfather's uncle Henry Bruce "Harry" Bagnell. I am interested in this information because my grandmother was also a MacNeil from Iona, and I'm curious to see if there's a connection.

OBIT: A widely known and esteemed resident of Sydney, Mrs. Harry B. Bagnell, 61 died Friday morning in the City Hospital after an illness of several days. Her passing was totally unexpected and the news will come as a great shock to a host of friends, acquaintances and relatives throughout Cape Breton. A resident of Sydney for 40 years, she was a native of Iona, Victoria County, a daughter of the late Mrs. and Mrs. John D. MacNeil of that place. She was a devout member of Sacred Heart Church and maintained an active interest in parochial affairs. Her husband-well known steel plant machinist-predeceased her five years and and she is survived by four daughters, Mrs. J.N. MacDonald (Irene), Goderich, Ontario; Mrs. Ernest Laughlin (Jean), Pt. Edward; Mrs. Leonard Lerner (Marie), Boston; Mrs Leonard Wylde (June), Toronto; one step-daughter, Mrs. Ed. Spencer (Gladys) in Sydney; sons are John D., well known Red Cross swimming instructor; Willard in the Canadian Army, Kingston, Ontario; Sheldon, at home. Two brothers, James MacNeil, Iona, and Donald, Trenton, N.S. The remains are resting at Fillmore's Funeral Home and funeral arrangements are pending the arrival of family members.

DOB: 13 Dec 1894 (I have 1 source that lists it as 13 Dec 1885).
CHRISTENED: 15 Dec 1894 St. Barra (Boisdale), Iona, Victoria, Nova Scotia
MAR: 26 Nov 1918 Sydney, NS Sacred Heart Church
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GardinerMatth... 3 May 2012 7:10PM GMT 
capebretonann... 4 May 2012 3:01PM GMT 
GardinerMatth... 5 May 2012 9:37PM GMT 
capebretonann... 6 May 2012 4:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic