Search for content in message boards

Jean Samuel King, m. Madeleine Leonice Doucet

Replies: 0

Jean Samuel King, m. Madeleine Leonice Doucet

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: King, White, Doucet, LeBlanc
I'm looking for information on my great-great-great grandfather's ancestry. I'm not sure what his real exact name was though.

I know that my great grandfather's name was John Albert King. He was the son of David William King and Henriette Celina LeBlanc.

David, according to his 1912 Woburn, Massachusetts marriage certificate, was the son of John King and Madaline Doucette.

David's Tusket, Nova Scotia birth record says that he was the son of Jean King and Madeline Doucet.

However, David had a brother. David's brother's name was John Simon King. John Simon's obituary reads:

"Born in Wakefield, Mass., he was the son of the late Samuel and Madeline (Doucette) King."

Given the nature of most names in the Nova Scotia area, I think it's safe to assume that David & John's father's baptismal name was Jean Samuel King. He probably went by John. John and Jean were used almost interchangeably in Nova Scotia during this time period, before and after.

John was probably born around 1858 in Nova Scotia. He married Madeline on September 29, 1885 in Nova Scotia. His two children, John and David, were born in 1889 and 1888, respectively. Family stories say that Jean Samuel probably died sometime around 1890. Following Jean Samuel King's death, Madeline subsequently got married to Simon Mark "Brock" LeBlanc, son of Joseph Benjamin LeBlanc and Henriette Hubbard. They had a bunch of kids -- Eunice Mary LeBlanc, Jane LeBlanc, Rose LeBlanc, Andrew LeBlanc, Elizabeth LeBlanc, and Sarah LeBlanc. Simon Mark LeBlanc raised those 6 kids and the 2 King boys.

I do have some names of Samuel's parents, but I have no idea where they came from or if they're even right. I was told that Jean Samuel King was the son of C King and Anne White (yes, just C, I don't have the full first name but it might have been Charles).

So here's what I know:

C King married Anne White, had a son, Jean Samuel King, who married Madeline Doucet.

Looking to take Jean Samuel's lines back, mostly the King line. I want to take the King line back as far as it possibly can. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you. Please contact me at kevinmahoney1995@hotmail.com, preferably.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions