Search for content in message boards

Another Larabie branch

Replies: 2

Another Larabie branch

Posted: 30 May 2010 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Larabie, Lamont
One of the Larabies I've been searching for is Albert Larabie, who married a Mabel Lamont. Date of birth for him is believed to be May,June, or July 1908 from the family, and his father was thought to have been named "Moise". Also he died at around 1950, but they were not sure what year, although the children were very young.

As far as I know, if everything is right from what family told me, these are their children & Dates of Birth:
James Larabie May 14th 1928
Arthur April 7th 1939
Marcell Mar 29th 1933
Cecile Dec 17th 1934/1935..Feb 26th,2010 (death).
Lucette Nov 6th 1936
Rodger Mar 11th 1938
Rolland May 1st 1939
Claire July 13th 1940
Jacqueline Dec 30th 1942
Helene Feb 2nd 1944
Denise June 4th 1945.
Annette Nov 7th 1946
Irene Nov 6th 1949
Lillian May 10th/20th 1948

Checking in the 1911 Census I found an Albert Larabie, son of Moise born April 1907, so it is likely him, but I'm really looking to more accurately link him to his children. I'm afraid the information on his date of birth in transition from my extended family, to my closer family, to me, may be off and there are other Albert Larabies elsewhere. This is a primary worry because of the apparent mixup in parents of Albert I was given, because there was a Moise, but I believe the original mother they gave me of albert is more likely his actual grandmother Mary/Marie instead. And also, because he died around 1950, he could have been older at the time or have died young, but none in the family seem to know. If he was actually older, he could very well have been a different Albert.

The unfortunate part is that although the children were born in Ottawa and Eastview which I believe was absorbed into Ottawa, there is no information on where in Quebec Albert and his family were born and raised before he came to Ottawa, married Mabel and had his children.

I found 2 marriage records in the Drouin Collection, one of which was of Jacqueline Laraby which shows her parents and birthplace as Eastview,Ontario.

I'm posting this hoping that someone out there knows something I missed. I can't seem to find anything that could indicate the father's date of birth, or even date of death, so I can link him to the children to ensure the census was of him. Looking in Eastview, around Ottawa, through a general search of both Ontario and Quebec, and the death cirtificates, I couldn't seem to find him at all. Anything that could indicate date of birth: marriage certificate, birth, death records, etc would be extremely appreciated. I sincerely thank you in advance for any hint anyone can provide.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
andrewjas 30 May 2010 8:49AM GMT 
jdmk41 12 Jul 2011 12:48AM GMT 
JensStehr 1 Jun 2013 4:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions