Search for content in message boards

Thomas, Andrew, Robert WHITTEN

Replies: 37

Re: Thomas, Andrew, Robert WHITTEN

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2012 4:43PM GMT
Andrew's farm was located right beside Mary Hewitt's farm, Mary being Thomas' (my great grandfather) mother and hence my great great grandmother. My hunch is that since Andrew had an all boy family, Sarah Ann must have spent time on Andrew's farm to help out, and so that is probably how she met Thomas Hewitt, my great grandfather. My Hewitt line comes from the townland of Clonroot in Armagh NI, which is very near to Portadown. The Whittens came from somewhere in Armagh because I was at the Flesherton cemetery where Andrew is buried and his tombstone states that he was a native of Armagh. Robert had a number of children, many of them girls, but I do not have my material in front of me. I have all the names of his children, one of them, William, had a girl named Laurie Liewell Whitten, my grandfather's (James Russel Whitten Hewitt) cousin whom he married later in his life. Do you have the lot numbers for Andrew's farm in Artemesia township ? I do in my material. The only information I have are birth and death certificates, obits which I posted on the web, census material also available on the web. If you have not been to the Dufferin county page here is the link (at the end of post), there are some Whitten obits. Robert Whitten is buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Orangeville Ontario, as well as Thomas his brother, and as I stated earler, Andrew in buried in the Flesherton cemetery. You seem to know where they came from in Aramgh as you wrote Portadown. Is this corrrect ? Have you been to Flesherton ? Please keep in touch, and if I think of anything else, I will post here again. __________________ http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~onduffer/obituaries/names-...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
janfors 26 Oct 2012 8:14PM GMT 
hewitt48 26 Oct 2012 10:23PM GMT 
hewitt48 26 Oct 2012 11:45PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT 
hewitt48 27 Oct 2012 1:42PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 2:58PM GMT 
hewitt48 27 Oct 2012 3:17PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 3:26PM GMT 
hewitt48 28 Oct 2012 4:48PM GMT 
janfors 28 Oct 2012 7:30PM GMT 
per page