Search for content in message boards

Thomas, Andrew, Robert WHITTEN

Replies: 37

Re: Thomas, Andrew, Robert WHITTEN

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2012 8:56AM GMT
If Robert Alfred Ward Whitten is your grandfather, then we are roughly the same age, I am 55, because my grandfather (James Russell Whitten Hewitt) was born in 1885, and yours 1893, and I notice on December 24th, like me coincidentally. My grandfather was born on a farm just north of Orangeville, not too far from the Robert Whitten farm, because his father (Andrew's neighbour) eventually sold his farm in Artemesia and moved down to Dufferin county in the late 1800s. My grandfather's dad eventually sold that farm and bought what was known as Orchard View farm in the southwestern part of Orangeville which today is built up with housing. One of the streets running through this area was named after my great grandfather - Hewitt Street.

Below is the link to the Whittens of Dufferin county, so you can see my that my information is correct Laurie Liewell. I have a copy of her birth certificate from the Ontario Archives. They lived in Winnipeg for many years with their father William J. You are related to them of course.

I am not sure that she was married before she married my grandfather (his second marriage) or that she had any other children from a previous marriage, I know that my grandfather and her had no children from their marriage, they were cousins anyway. We knew her as Laura.

Another good source of more contemporary information is phone books. I was able to locate the Whittens in Winnepeg using this method.

If you live in Ontario, then you can try the Archives to get birth and death certificates for Andrew Whitten's descendants. I have many birth and death certificates for Robert's descendants. There is also new material coming on the internet every year.

https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&q...~
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
janfors 26 Oct 2012 8:14PM GMT 
hewitt48 26 Oct 2012 10:23PM GMT 
hewitt48 26 Oct 2012 11:45PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT 
hewitt48 27 Oct 2012 1:42PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 2:58PM GMT 
hewitt48 27 Oct 2012 3:17PM GMT 
janfors 27 Oct 2012 3:26PM GMT 
hewitt48 28 Oct 2012 4:48PM GMT 
janfors 28 Oct 2012 7:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions