Search for content in message boards

Philip Shaver and his descendents new stuff

Replies: 1

Philip Shaver and his descendents new stuff

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendent of Philip Shaver, my Gx4Grandfather through his son Henry Shaver of Matilda, 1774-1838 and Henry's daughter Rachel 1802-1880.

I know his death was in 1838 from a statement under oath in documents from the Heirs and Devisees Commission in 1859.
I also know that from the same source, his son William born 1800, married Sophia Strader and moved to Winchester the same year Henry died, 1838.
Henry's baptism was recorded in the Dutch Reformed Church of Caughnawaga, NY 1774.
I have not yet found the name(s) of his wife or any marriage record but that marriage would have been about 1795. His first son Benjiman had died by 1850. I have found no record yet.
Son William who married Sophia Strader moved to Winchester near Winchester Springs 1838.
Elizabeth was born 1804, Mary was born 1810, Maria was born 1812, Jacob was born 1816 and Henry II was born 1825,
Rachel listed all has siblings in a petition of 1850 thinking she waas entitled to land as the child of a UEL. George F Shaver, s/o Peter also petitioned similarly and both were refused because Peter and Henry were the children of the UEL!
It is possible Henry was married twice given the span of years for his children's births.
Much more is known about Henry's younger brother Peter Shaver Esq. I am not sure where Henry is buried.
I do know the current genealogy for Henry, s/o Philip is not correct.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jrmcginn1 4 Feb 2013 9:35PM GMT 
jrmcginn1 21 May 2014 4:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions