VanCamp Cemetery

Replies: 15

Re: VanCamp Cemetery ROSE

Patsy Ault (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2006 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROSE
Hi Joanna:

Here are a few answers--- or more questions!!

Hugh Rose m Hannah Sipes and Alexander Rose m Catharine Sipes are both children of UEL John
Rose and his wife Catharine Munroe.

Samuel Rose m Eve Sipes is a son of Alexander Rose UEL and Hulda Wright.

This John Rose (m Catharine Munroe) and Alexander Rose (m Hulda) are both children of Hugh Rose Sr.

John and Alexander came to Canada as Loyalists during the Revolution. Father Hugh Sr. and son Hugh Jr and some sisters stayed in Delaware Co. NY USA. Some descendants are still there.

John and Alexander fought with KRRNY during the Revolution. and received land grants in Dundas Co. ON CAN.

I am descended from this family --Alexander m Hulda Wright.

Now I knew that there was a Daniel who settled in Niagara Falls. I believe he was also a Loyalist from Butler's Rangers..

We have this great question is this Daniel a brother of Hugh Sr.??and did he come to USA @1775 with Hugh Sr. and family?

Do you know if Daniel of Niagara Falls has brothers??

I have a note that says that when Hugh Rose Sr. came to USA @ 1775 that his three brothers also came--James, William, and Daniel m Jane with their three children-Hugh, William and John. No proof of this and this is all the information I have that says this.

There was also a Daniel Rose settled in Williamsburg Dundas Co., ON CAN after the Revolution which I cannot place? Any Ideas???

As far as the names Samuel ,Hugh and Alexander they seem to be used over and over in my Rose family .

Hope this helps some.
Take care,

Patsy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joanna 7 Jul 2006 5:24PM GMT 
Patsy Ault 10 Jul 2006 12:07AM GMT 
Joanna 10 Jul 2006 2:51AM GMT 
Steve_Bowley 26 Aug 2009 9:21PM GMT 
JoannaMorrow7... 27 Aug 2009 2:26AM GMT 
JoannaMorrow7... 28 Aug 2009 4:42PM GMT 
JoannaMorrow7... 28 Aug 2009 5:33PM GMT 
Joanna 10 Jul 2006 3:13AM GMT 
Skyedancer59 21 Oct 2008 1:26PM GMT 
JoannaMorrow7... 22 Oct 2008 1:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions