Search for content in message boards

Loyalist Family, Durham County early 1800's

Replies: 3

Loyalist Family, Durham County early 1800's

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 1:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any additional information on the family of Wait (Waite) Wright, who came to Canada following the American Revolution. He was born in Vermont, and his family was split on the issue of American Independence.

Wait Wright is one of the VERY FEW individuals that will entitle any direct ancestors to join both The Daughters/Sons of the American Revolution AND The United Empire Loyalists Association. His service in both the Vermont Militia (American Side) and in the King's Rangers (British Side) is very well documented.

Wait had a large family, with 16 children. His wife is unknown to me, and to any other Wright researchers that i have had contact with.

I would very much like to correspond with anyone that may descend from this family. There is still a lot to be learned about his children and their families, etc.

Personally, I descend from his son Joshua Wright, who moved to Huron County Michigan with his family, about 1855.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lynton_Stewar... 16 Mar 2013 7:48PM GMT 
movaliq 30 Mar 2013 11:28PM GMT 
Lynton_Stewar... 31 Mar 2013 4:58PM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 17 May 2013 3:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions