Search for content in message boards

Michael Depeel/Depeal

Replies: 14

Re: Michael Depeel/Depeal

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Beverly,

The Michael Depeal that I was attempting to find information about is listed in the 1851 Canada West (Ontario)Brant Co., - Sub District- Burford Census. He was 59 in the census. His wife appears to be Elizabeth, age 51, and then daughters? listed with them Margaret, age 16, Elizabeth, age 13. That Michael seems to be of the right age.

The Michael that married Lydia (Egbert) Sanders, would probably be more her age, and she was born in 1793. She married Michael in 1861. He was her 2nd husband. According to a history article, Michael only lived about 6 months after the marriage. I searched extensively in 1860 U.S. census records trying to find him, but nothing. I found my note- there was an Alex Depeal online that said his family lived in Jackson Co., Michigan around 1850. The email for that posting is no longer good. There are other older Alex Depeals in Michigan. Perhaps that man's family. But I cannot locate any Depeals at Jackson. Jackson certainly seems like a good possiblity, as we also had family up there on the southern edge of that county, and that county touches both Lenawee & Hillsdale. I went into Canada to search for Depeals as that is where the ones in Michigan were coming from. I didn't post the info regarding the marriage before because so many people just grab something like that, throw it together, assume the connection is good, and then another 50 people copy it. Then the information is really nothing but garbage as far as being verified. I sort of believe if you are going to trace your family, one should at least prove out the connection. Thanks, Roger.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BeverlyGolden... 22 Mar 2011 7:25PM GMT 
BeverlyGolden... 22 Mar 2011 7:18PM GMT 
Skeetereater 23 Mar 2011 5:04AM GMT 
lorindamartin... 2 Jan 2012 9:27PM GMT 
Peelerspage 17 Jan 2013 5:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic