Search for content in message boards

St.Clair/Sinclair? Family-Need help-Needle in a haystack

Replies: 12

Re: St.Clair/Sinclair? Family-Need help-Needle in a haystack

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 7:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Iris,
I have been looking at my previous correspondence, and came across our notes to one another, and I thought I would follow up with you. How have your searches been? I have had no luck in finding out info on your Robert Moses St. Clair. I have seen through other descendant's info that Moses and Catharine possibly had a son, Elias (unverified), who may be Robert's father, but I can not confirm. During my research, I came across this message on GenForum (see below). Have you seen it? The information in it could be a potential lead in regards to our Moses, and his origins. I have been unable to make contact with the writer of the post, since it is from 2007. Here is the post, in case you have not seen it:
Posted by Edith Tisdale on Sept 25/2007:
Does anyone have any information on RobertSinclair(St Clair) b-1680? He may have been born in New Hampshire.,
his parents were James St Clair and Deborah. He owned sawmills . He married Elizabeth Denmark.
They had one child John b-1713--d-1770
John was a millwright in Wells Maine.In 1739 he married Mary Wakefield. One of their children was Adoniram b-abt-1741 He married Elizabeth Joy-they were early settlers in Lisbon Maine.Here he was a miller. There were 8 children-John,Thomas,Joseph,Nathaniel,Mary,Ebenezer,Adoniram and Moses of this marriage-- Moses b-1787 married Catherine Elizabeth Fowler. Moses and Catherine would be my gg grandparents.
Maybe someone has info on the siblings of Moses I would be happy to hear from you.

The fact that this info lists Moses' father as Adoniram seems to tie into the letter your family line has. I do not have access to any U.S. records on Ancestry.com, but there are some Public Family Trees, which have some sources for this family.
Hope this helps!
Paul Wilson
Fonthill, Ont.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
IMPeppers 18 Aug 2011 3:43PM GMT 
normaatng 5 Sep 2011 11:24PM GMT 
IMPeppers 6 Sep 2011 2:33AM GMT 
thefivewilson... 1 Apr 2012 1:03PM GMT 
IMPeppers 2 Apr 2012 2:39AM GMT 
thefivewilson... 6 Mar 2013 2:20PM GMT 
carenjf1 22 Jun 2013 1:04AM GMT 
thefivewilson... 22 Jun 2013 2:12AM GMT