Search for content in message boards

Wismer

Replies: 2
Posted: 28 Jan 2013 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wismer, Lincoln, Oliver
I am having a very difficult time in finding death, burial, or marriages information for my Wismer family that was in Elgin (Malahide) in 1861 (1861 Census) with his family: Emily 11, Samantha 10, Jacob "Henry" 8, Abram 6, John 4, Almira 1, and Ambros 2.

By the 1871 Census the first John had died and the second John in this family was shown. (This second John later died in Michigan in 1886). Ambros had also died before the 1971 census.

Emily and Samantha both married while in Canada. Emily married a Joseph Oliver and had a daughter Nellie born after they went to Michigan. Samantha married a William Oliver. I believe William must have died in Canada. They had a son Elgeon born 1873 in Canada, but he did come to the states with his mother.

My Abram Wismer (born about 1810) was married to Isabella Lincoln about 1846 in Ontario. Abram (Sr) died in Ontario in 1876. The family moved to Michigan right after that because Isabella died in 1877 in Midland County, Michigan. I believe that Isabella's parents were Asa and Mary Lincoln.

I have found records on other Abram or Abraham Wismers in Ontario Canada, but they are not mine.

I would be so grateful for any help or suggestions on where I might find information on this family in Ontario.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gmanae_1 28 Jan 2013 7:59PM GMT 
satch42179 28 Jan 2013 9:04PM GMT 
gmanae_1 29 Jan 2013 2:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic