Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on James J.TUEY(?), Malahide Twp

Replies: 18

Looking for info on James J.TUEY(?), Malahide Twp

Posted: 22 Oct 2002 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TUEY
I'm looking for information about my GGG Grandfather, James J. TUEY(?) and his brother Jabez.

The information I currently have is as follows:

James J. was born in 1825, Malahide Twp, Ontario. At some point, he immigrated to America and married Hester Brisco CHENOWETH (born 27 Sept 1833, Pike Co., Illinois) on 26 Feb 1952. They had 3 children, and had only been married 5 years when he died at the age of 32. Hester and their children are fairly well documented (www.chenowethsite.com), but there is no further info on James J..

I have come across claims that James had a brother, Jabez A. Tuey (who is also fairly well documented, as he settled in Minnesota and served in the Union Army). Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a link between these two men, other than they were both born in Malahide Twp., Ontario (Jabez born 22 Oct 1822).

What I have found is several sources stating that when James' father married their mother, he took HER name and so their children had their mother's last name. I am also of the understanding that their father had children from a previous marriage who retained the original surname.

I'm hoping that someone, in the course of their research, has come across information re: the relatives of James J. Tuey, either by that name or by some other. I am very interested in any information about James' family, in particular if there's any info as to why the name change. It's sure made things frustrating!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tammy
Antqcolctr@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TLCPMW 23 Oct 2002 12:10AM GMT 
Julia Tuey 27 May 2003 11:31PM GMT 
TLCPMW 28 May 2003 12:09AM GMT 
William Tuey 28 Nov 2005 5:53PM GMT 
BruceC_Johnso... 29 Nov 2005 9:07PM GMT 
William Tuey 29 Nov 2005 11:50PM GMT 
TLCPMW 30 Nov 2005 1:10AM GMT 
Katherine Tuey 5 Jul 2006 7:25PM GMT 
duplicateacco... 30 Sep 2008 4:14PM GMT 
JuliaMachado 3 Oct 2008 7:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions