Would like to find more information on family of Oliver Prittie (b 1791 Ireland) and wife Tryphania Mary Elizabeth Hayes (b 1798 Ireland)while living on Wolfe Island. They arrived in Canada first in Quebec City around 1832. Moved to Kingston by 1837 and onto Wolfe Island by 1838 where he stayed with family until abt 1852 when he moved to Lewis Co, NY. I believe Tryphania moved back to Wolfe Island and lived with daughter Jane until her death (d 1874) and is buried Trinity Anglican Church. Other Prittie family members remained on the Island after 1852.
I plan on visiting Wolfe Island this summer and would like to Know:
1. Is there a historical society or library on the Island?
2. Where can I find maps of Island during 1838 - 1852 period?
3. Any other suggestions on where to search for more info on Prittie family?
4. Is the Trinity Anglican Church still there?
5. Are there any historical books on families of Wolfe Island?