Search for content in message boards

Louisa Florence BROWN (nee: LOCKHART); Howard J BROWN

Replies: 1

Louisa Florence BROWN (nee: LOCKHART); Howard J BROWN

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN; LOCKHART; MORRIS:
Hi there:

I need some help locating a few ancestors of mine and all roads seem to lead to a dead end. I'm hoping someone, somewhere may have some valuable information they can share.

Louisa Florence Brown was born in 1882 in Perth, Ontario. She was born Louisa Florence Lockhart to James Lockhart and Margaret Canbog. Her first husband was William Edward Morris born about 1861 in Perth, Ontario and died 4 May 1923 in Perth, Ontario. They had 3 children together: Ellard W Morris, Elsa ("Elsie) M Morris, and Wilbert Morris.

Her second husband Howard J. Brown was born 5 November 1871, in Winchester, Ontario. Florence and Howard married in Carleton Place, Ontario June 30, 1925. No children from this marriage.

Howard J Brown married his first wife Annie May Hitsman September 19, 1894 in Winchester, Ontario. They had 8 children from this marriage: Gertrude Hilda Brown, 8 September 1895; Charles Harry Brown, 13 September 1898; Queen Victoria Brown, 24 May 1900; Winnifred Brown, 5 December 1902; Georgina Brown, 1904; Robert Dalton ("Dot") Brown, 22 December 1907; Thomas ("Tommy") Brown, April 1909; and George Howard Brown, 1913.

Based on my research Howard J Brown is "suppose" to buried at Maple Ridge Cemetery in Winchester, Ontario with his first wife Annie May Hitsman and youngest son, George Howard Brown. However, I can't be certain since the headstone doesn't show a date of death - I was told his death may not have been registered. For all's I know, he could be buried with his second wife, Louisa Florence. But again, no information for her.

As for Louisa Florence I believe she may be buried at Pine Grove Cemetery in Beckwith Township since it would make sense based on her second marriage and the fact Howard J Brown was an employee at the Findlay Foundry in Carleton Place.

http://ogsottawa.on.ca/cemeteries/show.php

But, I can't be certain...I'm hoping someone may hold the "key" to solve the mystery surrounding Louisa Florence and Howard J Brown.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aimnabby 23 Feb 2013 1:32AM GMT 
aimnabby 26 Feb 2013 10:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions